Christ, the Light of the World

May you experience the presence of Christ, the Light of the World, everywhere, in everyone, so that hope will abound in your life and the world you live in. There is no corner of the planet where Christ is not. And may you share the light of Christ that is within you with everyone you meet, wherever you are, everyday.


Wilfredo Juan Baez

Thursday, June 5, 2014

It is a new day for me.  I recently was appointed by Bishop Mark Webb to Tabernacle United Methodist Church in Binghamton.  The church there is progressive, inclusive and reconciling which matches my calling. I hope to increase racial-ethnic and theological-religious diversity there.  I also hope to do some teaching at SUNY Binghamton.  I'd like to see a training center for theological and social diversity around sexual-orientation/gender identity, racial-ethnic, and theological/racial develop there.  I hope to teach in a seminary cross-cultural and Hispanic theology and ministry and general practical pastoral theology.  I see myself doing spiritual direction and beginning a multi-cultural, multi-religious faith community.  Finally, I'd like to see a service organization for residents of Binghamton that provides supportive counseling and information and referral services and perhaps community organization to eradicate poverty, addiction and violence.

My own spirituality continues to be Christo-centric with a Buddhistic, Siddhistic, and Gnostic perspective. This is a very direct experiential path with an emphasis upon awareness, equanimity, compassion, responsibility, knowledge, simplicity wisdom and truth.  It is collaborative and recognizes the unique contribution of different worldviews and perspectives and aims at a positively transformed humanity and human beings.  I continue to utilize NLP modeling, but am moving beyond seeking external models for living fully to internal ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment